(Analysis of criminal, financial, ITR, gender and other details about newly elected MLAs of Manipur)
- Out of the 60 newly elected MLAs of the Manipur Assembly, no MLA has declared criminal cases against him/her. In 2007 assembly elections for the whole of Manipur, 2% MLAs had declared criminal cases against themselves.
- Out of all 60 MLAs analyzed from Manipur 2012 Assembly Elections, 16 are crorepatis. In 2007 Assembly Election for the whole of Manipur only 1 MLA was crorepati.
- The MLAs with maximum assets in Manipur is of T.N. Haokip of INC from Saikot(ST) constituency with assets worth Rs. 10.07 Crores followed by Ksh. Biren Singh of INC from Lamlai with assets worth Rs. 5.22 Crores and RK IMO Singh of MSCP from Sagoiband constituency with assets worth Rs. 2.72 crores.
- 6 MLAs have declared assets of less than 5 lakhs.
- A total of 5 (8%) MLAs out of 60 analyzed declared liabilities of Rs. 50 Lakhs or above.
- Among major parties, the average asset per candidate for INC is 1.05 Crores, for AITC is 69.8 Lakhs, For MSCP is 97.43 Lakhs, and NPF is 68.5 lakhs
- A total of 49 (82%) MLAs (out of 60 analyzed) are graduate or with higher educational qualification in the Manipur 2012 Assembly Election.
- Only 4 (7%) MLAs (out of 60 analyzed) are 10th pass and below
- Out of 60 MLAs of Manipur Assembly Elections 2012, only 3 (5%) MLAs are women.
(Analysis of asset increase of newly elected MLAs who contested in the 2007 elections also)
- Number of MLAs for Manipur 2012 Assembly Elections, whose 2007 affidavits are also available–35
- The average asset of these MLAs as declared in 2007 was Rs 20,02,492 (20.02 Lakhs).
- The average asset of these MLAs as declared in 2012 is, Rs 1,18,45,767 (1.18 crore).
- Average asset growth for these re-contesting MLAs is Rs 98,43,274 (98.43 Lakhs).
- Average percentage growth in assets for these MLA is 492%.
- T.N. haokip of INC from Saikot constituency has the highest increase in asset worth Rs.9.77 Crores (from 29.73 Lakhs in 2007 to 10.07 Crores in 2012), followed by Ksh. Biren Singh of INC from Lamlai constituency with an asset increase of Rs. 5.07 Crores (from 14.23 Lakhs in 2007 to 5.22 Crores in 2012) and Kh. Govindas of INC from Bishenpur constituency with an asset increase of Rs. 2.11 Crores (from 38.25 Lakhs in 2007 to 2.49 Crores in 2012)
- The highest percentage increase (7108%) has been for K. Meghachandra of INC from Wangkhem constituency. His assets rose from 2.90 lakhs in 2007 to 2.06 Crores in 2012. He is followed by Akoijam Mirabai Devi of INC from Patsoi constituency with a percentage increase of 4621% (30.5 thousand in 2007 to 14.40 Lakhs in 2012) and K. Ranjit Singh of INC from Sugnoo constituency with an increase of 4351% (3.82 lakhs in 2007 to 1.70 crores in 2012). [N.E.W. Report]